Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chicago Graffiti Forums
 WAR!!!
 WILD STYLE VS. STYLE WARS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sy Posted - 12/04/2007 : 12:43:34 PM
BOTH ARE CLASSICS BUT WHICH ONE IS THE "BEST OLDSCHOOL" HIP-HOP FLICK?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sy Posted - 03/21/2010 : 3:27:26 PM
HEY REEM YOU REMEMBER THESE....

THE PILOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDN0uiUYVCE

RUNNING SCARED.(THE BREAKDANCING SCENE THE TALL KID LOOKS LIKE TRIXTER).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4DsSL1ko34

HERSHEY COMMERCIAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlPzGx50xLs
REEM Posted - 03/21/2010 : 06:44:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by REEM

I REMEMBER A DOCUMENTARY ON THE WEST COAST SCENE CALLED BREAKING N ENTERING. ICE T WAS MAKING HIS DEBUT. IT WAS FROM ABOUT 82 OR 83. IT CANT COME CLOSE TO WILD STYLE OR STYLE WARS. AND I AM NOT TRASHING THE WEST COAST SCENE. THEY HAD GOOD BREAKERS IN THERE. MAYBE WE ARE ALL BIASED BUT HANDS DOWN. STYLE WARS. AS I SAID BEFORE, YOU ALL CAN GO THROUGH THE WHOLE MOVIE RECITING IT. "CAP WITH HIS LUCILLE BALL HAIRSTYLE" ...PEACE...MAD CREW

OK. YESTERDAY I WATCHED BREAKING AND ENTERING AGAIN. WHEN THEY BACKSPIN, THEY GO AROUND LIKE 4 TIMES AND THEY GRAB THEIR LEGS AND THROW THEM TO SPIN. IT'S MOSTLY POPPIN AND LOCKIN. SCANT GRAFF AND THE ONLY MC REALLY WAS ICE T. NOW THESE WERE UP COMING ARTISTS ALREADY. THEY HAD FUNDING IN CALI.STYLE WARS WAS SHOT IN SOME ROUGH AREAS. IT HAD THE TRUE INNER CITY FEEL. IN STYLE WARS THEY WERE BREAKING ON BASKETBALL COURTS FOR FUN. IN BREAKING AND ENTERING, THEY HAD A STUDIO TO PRACTICE IN AND IT SEEMED LIKE THEY HAD TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THEY WERE "SLUMMING" IT BY THE OCCASIONAL GARAGE SCENE. JUST MY OPINION AND AGAIN, NOT SLAMMING THE WEST COAST SCENE AT ALL. LOTS OF DOPE DOO-DOO-BROWN COMES OUT OF THERE.I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING. CHECK FOR YOURSELF ON YOUTUBE ABOUT BREAKING AND ENTERING. LET IT SPEAK FOR ITSELF. PEACE....MAD CREW (WEEK THREE WITHOUT A POO BEARING CIGARETTE)
REEM Posted - 07/04/2009 : 09:24:21 AM
ED 1 (R.I.P) USED TO QUOTE FAB 5 FREDDY FROM WILD STYLE ALL THE TIME..."WELL SCOOBY DOO" AND "ITS ALL HUNKIE DORIE" ON HIM PASSING...ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS..."WELL SCOOBY DOO"....PEACE...MAD FAMILY
Sy Posted - 06/27/2009 : 08:24:13 AM
ITS TRADITIONS ARE HANDED DOWN FROM ONE YOUTHFUL GENERATION TO THE NEXT..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BdlXqBXm2o

Sy Posted - 06/14/2009 : 12:22:57 PM
quote:

WASNT CRAZY LEGS THE STAND IN FOR JENNIFER BEALS IN FLASHDANCE DURING THE LAST SCENE WHERE SHE BREAKS? IF MY OLD AZZ MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT. I THINK HE STOOD IN FOR HER. PEACE...MAD CREW

I THINK SO ETHIER HIM OR FREEZE... HAD TO WEAR PANTY HOEZ AND A LEATARD I WONDER IF REGRETS DOING THAT?
REEM Posted - 06/14/2009 : 07:44:36 AM
WASNT CRAZY LEGS THE STAND IN FOR JENNIFER BEALS IN FLASHDANCE DURING THE LAST SCENE WHERE SHE BREAKS? IF MY OLD AZZ MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT. I THINK HE STOOD IN FOR HER. PEACE...MAD CREW
Sy Posted - 06/09/2009 : 6:05:00 PM
quote:

I REMEMBER A DOCUMENTARY ON THE WEST COAST SCENE CALLED BREAKING N ENTERING. ICE T WAS MAKING HIS DEBUT. IT WAS FROM ABOUT 82 OR 83. IT CANT COME CLOSE TO WILD STYLE OR STYLE WARS. AND I AM NOT TRASHING THE WEST COAST SCENE. THEY HAD GOOD BREAKERS IN THERE. MAYBE WE ARE ALL BIASED BUT HANDS DOWN. STYLE WARS. AS I SAID BEFORE, YOU ALL CAN GO THROUGH THE WHOLE MOVIE RECITING IT. "CAP WITH HIS LUCILLE HAIRSTYLE" ...PEACE...MAD CREW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KADibjK3SQ

I WATCHED IT IN 83 AND IT WAS A ON-TV SPECIAL ALSO BIT A FEW MOVES FROM IT TOO BREAKING WAS GETTING A LOT OF BUZZ BACK AT MY H.S EVERYBODY WOULD BREAK DURING LUNCH STUDY HALL GYM CLASS WHATEVER....THEN CAME FLASH DANCE WITH THE 3MIN CLIP OF ROCKSTEADY GETTING DOWN AND PEOPLE WENT BESERK I MEAN DAM I WAS EVEN DURING THE "SUICIDE" DROP!......DEM CRAZY DAYS.
REEM Posted - 06/09/2009 : 07:14:59 AM
I REMEMBER A DOCUMENTARY ON THE WEST COAST SCENE CALLED BREAKING N ENTERING. ICE T WAS MAKING HIS DEBUT. IT WAS FROM ABOUT 82 OR 83. IT CANT COME CLOSE TO WILD STYLE OR STYLE WARS. AND I AM NOT TRASHING THE WEST COAST SCENE. THEY HAD GOOD BREAKERS IN THERE. MAYBE WE ARE ALL BIASED BUT HANDS DOWN. STYLE WARS. AS I SAID BEFORE, YOU ALL CAN GO THROUGH THE WHOLE MOVIE RECITING IT. "CAP WITH HIS LUCILLE HAIRSTYLE" ...PEACE...MAD CREW
MrOgelOne Posted - 03/24/2009 : 10:13:07 AM
STYLE WARS!

Sy Posted - 02/21/2009 : 4:41:30 PM
quote:

SY, YOU GOTTA LOVE SKEME'S MOM.SHE DEFINES A WRITER'S MOM BIG TIME "DESTROYING ALL LINES. TO WHAT END??" PEACE. REEM/MAD CREW

*THE STYLE WARS CD HAS GREAT OUTTAKES OF HER AND UPDATES ON WHAT SKEME DID AFTER GRAFF...
!I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING REMEMBER BEFORE "CORDLESS PHONES" WE HAD THE ONES WITH THE LONG ASS CORD THAT YOU COULD WALK FROM ONE ROOM TO THE OTHER..LOL.. I HAD ONE THAT RAN FROM THE KITCHEN TO THE BASEMENT SO I COULD TALK ABOUT GRAFF AND CHICKS WITHOUT MY "OG" TRIPPING....HA HA!
REEM Posted - 02/21/2009 : 07:50:49 AM
SY, YOU GOTTA LOVE SKEME'S MOM.SHE DEFINES A WRITER'S MOM BIG TIME "DESTROYING ALL LINES. TO WHAT END??" PEACE. REEM/MAD CREW
Sy Posted - 02/06/2009 : 7:35:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DAYER

I love stylewars.
SEEN CAP DUSTER CASE AND MANY MORE

MY FAV IS SKEME...DID HIS THING FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS..."DESTROY ALL LINES."
FLASH ABC Posted - 02/06/2009 : 1:14:37 PM
quote:

FLASH STILL WEARS THOSE SAME FLARES YO. THEY SAY "FLASH ABC" AND HE SPORTS THEM WITH THOSE RINESTONE SHOES....PEACE...REEM/MAD CREW

am i going to have to close my window at night
REEM Posted - 01/30/2009 : 9:21:44 PM
FLASH STILL WEARS THOSE SAME FLARES YO. THEY SAY "FLASH ABC" AND HE SPORTS THEM WITH THOSE RINESTONE SHOES....PEACE...REEM/MAD CREW
FLASH ABC Posted - 01/27/2009 : 10:42:46 PM

from fatlace.com

SUBWAYOUTLAWS.COM

WHO CAN EVER FORGET THIS SHOT

CRAZY WHO.....

FLASH ABC Posted - 01/27/2009 : 10:36:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yaser

quote:
Originally posted by FLASH ABC

quote:
Originally posted by CHUMBLY0001