Go to Top of Page

athl one 127
Banana Skinny

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  2:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GAPE

What does it matter if you use fruityloops? An ill beat is an ill beat regardless of the method used to make it...

i made that statement due to the stereotype that if you use fruityloops as a method of production, then you only use the preset sounds. i know about 300 people who do this and think they're producing some heat. some dude got into my face at a party last weekend because he was saying that if you use samples, then it's not your own original production. of course, that's straight up bullsh*t, making the assumption his ass only uses preset sounds/kits. but i mean, it's cool. if you use fruityloops, make sure you import new sounds/samples, (i.e. 9th wonder) don't use the drums/loops they have on there. please.
Go to Top of Page

athl one 127
Banana Skinny

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  2:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gape, we both use mpc's anyway, we have the right to be hardware elitists. it's included in the massive price of the machine.
Go to Top of Page

GAPE
Blue Dot

944 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  3:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GAPE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I totally hear ya, but I always disagree with katz that say using fruityloops to make beats is wack. Some katz aren't as fortunate as us and can't scrape up the loot for an MPC or any other type of hardware so they automatically get shunned from the game because the have to resort to FruityLoops or some other software based sequencer, etc...

To be honest, even though I mostly use the MPC and ProTools for all of my production, I still crank a beat or two out every so often using FruityLoops and/or Cakewalk (just to keep my skillz in them programs sharp). Not to mention blowin' katz wigz back when they find out I make similar quality beats using FruityLoops, etc... (and I only blow their wigz back because they too have that mind set of FruityLoops is wack to make beats on..)

Like you said, it's all in what you put into it really - Crappy samples and sounds = beat with crappy samples and sounds

...regardless of what medium use to produce..

Ps.. Don't remind me how much I dropped on that MPC.. UGH!.. lol

- GAPE
C H I C A G O

Edited by - GAPE on 06/17/2005 3:40:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

GAPE
Blue Dot

944 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  3:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit GAPE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by athl one 127

if you use fruityloops, make sure you import new sounds/samples, please.

YES! As soon as anyone installs FruityLoops please go through all the sounds and delete about 80% of them (everything that sounds fake and/or you know you won't have use for...). Then go through your vinyl or cd collection and sample the sh*t out of all the drums you can. Create your own drum library fully equipped with various kicks, snares, hihats, shakers, maracas, toms, handclaps, symbols, etc...

TRUST ME! Your production will instantly sound at least 50% better..

- GAPE
C H I C A G O

Edited by - GAPE on 06/17/2005 3:47:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

SPOT
Grey Outline

Germany
346 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  5:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit SPOT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i beleive a song compiled by an individual that has much experience in the music industry can shure as hades make a good tune with fL. true that 75%of the samples in their are horrendous but come on.
and also if a producer takes his own samples and puts em in the fl pj
its gonna just add style and flavour too, so maybe Frooty LooPs isnt so bad afterall.....hmmmmm? ....please disregard this e mail..im pretty f**ked up right now. g

_____~ABSTRAKTIVITIES~_____

Super Psilocybe Objectin Tots
Go to Top of Page

sawbuckz
Pink Dot

USA
2077 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  8:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GGGGG UNIT!!!CRACK!

JOTONEROCKSFIKIR!

KIR CREW!!
KEEPIN IT REAL
FIK!!
f**kIN IS KONTAGIOUS!
Go to Top of Page

PaintBushesAss
Orange Dot

Philippines
578 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  11:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn athl you know how to get that sh*t techincal!!! what u been up to? whats good n sh*t...you got any caps in stock??? its yo boy par fizzle!
Go to Top of Page

hawk1
Banana Skinny

Canada
231 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  12:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPOT

i beleive a song compiled by an individual that has much experience in the music industry can shure as hades make a good tune with fL. true that 75%of the samples in their are horrendous but come on.
and also if a producer takes his own samples and puts em in the fl pj
its gonna just add style and flavour too, so maybe Frooty LooPs isnt so bad afterall.....hmmmmm? ....please disregard this e mail..im pretty f**ked up right now. g

^^^^It seems to me like your'e the fruit SPOT...It's all about REASON 2.5, Cool Edit Pro, and some real tablist skills <-------------

-5ole<----------------------
Go to Top of Page

NEO.1
Orange Dot

Borneo
602 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEAH!!!IM WACK N I KNOW THAT! purrrr stick em aghh aghh aghh stick em...lol

NEO.1...neverendingobsession

Edited by - NEO.1 on 06/18/2005 1:10:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Qwestrock
Pink Dot

Mexico
1801 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to play the guitar a little.......but then I broke I ga-gi-gi-gi-guitar strings!!!

Now I use a spoon and an empty can of Aldi cream corn. Fat beats ensue.

quote:
Originally posted by NEO.1

YEAH!!!IM WACK N I KNOW THAT! purrrr stick em aghh aghh aghh stick em...lol

Look ma, no hands!
Go to Top of Page

NEO.1
Orange Dot

Borneo
602 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  2:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
recently picked up double dvd with like 50 TOM &JERRY cartoons... cool toons.loved em as a kid n just watched that episode the other day wit my daughter...UNCLE PECOS PEST or PECOS PEST...(and then,and then i busted out my SG7 n sidebombed that DVD cover. sorry, just had to throw sum graf in there)

Go to Top of Page

STTsupra
Pink Dot

USA
6808 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  3:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanna rap too!
Go to Top of Page

RiFe1
Blue Dot

Mexico
897 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  3:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<!-- <a name="L"></a>Lil Wyte - I Sho Will --><div id=vpdiv><a href="http://www.tunes4yourpage.com"><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://wm.atlrec.com/lil_wyte/dvd/lw_ishowill-450.wmv" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="300" height="300" ShowControls="0" ShowStatusBar="0" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></embed></div>Video provided by www.tunes4yourpage.com</a>

RIfe One
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Trick-Daddy--Back-In-The-Days-
Go to Top of Page

SPOT
Grey Outline

Germany
346 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit SPOT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chilllllll sole fish

Edited by - SPOT on 06/18/2005 4:02:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

STTsupra
Pink Dot

USA
6808 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  4:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok
Go to Top of Page

Qwestrock
Pink Dot

Mexico
1801 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  4:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NEO.1

recently picked up double dvd with like 50 TOM &JERRY cartoons... cool toons.loved em as a kid n just watched that episode the other day wit my daughter...UNCLE PECOS PEST or PECOS PEST...(and then,and then i busted out my SG7 n sidebombed that DVD cover. sorry, just had to throw sum graf in there)

My daughter hasn't been exposed to any of those yet. She's all about Arthur, Dora, Jay-Jay, Clifford......and just about everything else on PBSKids.

Umm, the other day, we were walking in the front door and noticed some scribbing on the wall we hadn't seen before. Compliments of my daughter.........that's kind of graff related, no?

Look ma, no hands!
Go to Top of Page

NEO.1
Orange Dot

Borneo
602 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  4:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah! ive got an abundant amount of wall art goen on at home as well. good ole crayolas are also real hard to buff if any1s ever hard up for gear,but dont get the washable ones...NO GOOD!!

Go to Top of Page

hawk1
Banana Skinny

Canada
231 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPOT

Chilllllll sole fish

J/K<----------------------------------
Go to Top of Page

SPOT
Grey Outline

Germany
346 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  8:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit SPOT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its cool Sammy 5oleSA....im halfFULLY baked so........its ALL MUTHAf**kIN HOOD!!!!! BIIIIAATTTTCCHHHH..GHOST

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Chicago Graffiti © ABC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000