Ignorance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  6:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Friday I was listening to a talk radio station and the host mentioned how graff artist should be given snow spray to make displays on store window. Now the host said that it would give graff heads a different way of making the city look beautiful for the winter instead of making the city look ugly. I won't name the station as I know who is watching. I was qouted on another radio station in the past that somehow got in here. Thanks RC. Well the host then contadicted himself saying that he sees walls that are materpieces and said the artists are talented and should put it to some use. He then went on to call graff heads "gangbangers". Really? I know there is tag banging out there but in the past if we had a beef we took it to the system or walls. Sure there were a few fights but I would not call us gangbangers back in the day. The host then continued to say that there are galleries that promote graff artist. Another point he tried to turn on as far as "making the city look ugly". Oddly enough The same radio station who runs news in the morning broadcasted live from MOS in Sept. asking people to come check it out. We worked on a mural on the n/w side by Pulaski and Irving this past summer and it was spray, reg paint, kids were involved. It was a great time. I hope THEY take the blinders off someday and learn to respect something they don't know about. I wish they would have education on a topic before going off calling graff heads gangbangers and then having callers saying the same thing. There is a difference between putting a gang sign on a garage and putting a legal piece on a wall. Learn radio. I know your camp is watching. You proved this by quoting me. MAD CREW
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Chicago Graffiti © ABC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000